Whatcom Conservation District is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual to join its livestock team. The ideal candidate has exceptional people, organizational, and communication skills, good attention to detail, a flexible, helpful personality, and an understanding of agriculture and interest in natural resource conservation. S/he will provide technical assistance to livestock operations of all sizes and complexities. This involves:
- Communicating conservation and resource management topics to landowners in a collaborative and technically approachable way.
- Working with livestock owners to develop Conservation Activity Plans (CAPs) appropriate for their operation. These may be of varying degrees of complexity as required by law or participation in Farm Bill programs including Small Farm Critical Area Ordinance (CAO), Dairy Nutrient Management Plan (DNMP), Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan (CNMP), Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO).
- Assisting livestock owners to implement and adaptively manage their plans to achieve protection of water quality and crop/animal production goals.
- Tracking and reporting progress in delivering technical assistance and practice implementation.
- Completing other tasks as assigned to meet the needs of the district in serving the public.
For more information on this position, click here.