Thomas Creek Watershed Project Area – Click to view larger image
Thomas Creek Watershed is one of several project areas where Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) funding is available to implement the Puget Sound Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP).
- Reduce fecal coliform pollution impacting shellfish harvest areas in Samish Bay
Working with livestock landowners to:
- Implement best management practices for manure management,
- Preserve farmland through conservation easements, and
- Restore stream-side areas.
About the watershed
- Made up of several small creeks, encompassing an area of approximately 6,375 acres
- Major tributary of the Samish River
- Focus area for the Clean Samish Initiative (local stakeholders working to address water quality in the Samish River Watershed)
Project lead / contact
- Skagit County
- Samish Tribe
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Skagitonians to Preserve Farmland