The State Conservation Commission announces there will be one elected position on the Conservation Commission up for election this year:
- the central Washington district representative.
Consistent with the SCC Interpretive Statement , the following process will be used for the election of the elected members of the Conservation Commission:
- Interested candidates must submit the Candidate Interest Form to the Conservation Commission no later than close of business (5:00pm) on Wednesday, November 1, 2017.
- The form may be obtained and submitted online on the Commission web page located here on at this link.
- Commission staff will distribute the list of all candidates who submitted their interest to the district supervisors by close of business on Monday, November 6, 2017.
- Nominations from the floor at the annual meeting of supervisors prior to the election shall also be allowed. Timing on the floor nominations will be announced at the annual meeting.
The only requirement in statute for the position is that the candidate resides in central Washington for the position. Candidates can provide other information which will help district supervisors with their decision on the election inside the online link.
For more on this process, we have posted our information on the SCC website and also attached to this message.
WHERE TO SEND THE FORM: Online submittal of the candidate interest form is preferred. Forms must be received at the Commission office by 5:00pm Wednesday, November 1, 2017.
For more information, contact:
Ron Shultz, Policy Director
Washington State Conservation Commission
P.O. Box 47721
Olympia, Washington 98504